Tuesday, April 26, 2011

my testimony

Well here it goes, my first blog. And it's my blog so i can do what i want right? Ha! OK so i am going to do what i have not really done yet to or for anyone. I am going to do my testimony. Alright well my name is Max Beebout and i have finally been saved by the grace and Glory of the Lord God through his son Jesus Christ. But for most of my life that was not the case what-so-ever. I was so angry for most of my life; angry at myself, angry at the world, and angry at God himself. My real father was killed when i was like 6 months old from a drug deal gone bad. I don't remember the man at all, i was way to young when he was taken from me and my mother and his family. My mother married a man named Kelly when i was like a year year and a half old. Pretty fast right? He was a awful man. Full of anger and rage and he took it out on me and my mother for years and years. Everything from physical abuse with beatings and no remorse. Mental abuse from wanting to call me by my real fathers name William. And even sexual abuse towards me which i will not go into. And now as the man i am now i have forgiven him. But that was not the case before. First of all i was not told he wasn't my real father until i was 14. So i thought the behavior that happened before that date is just what fathers did to their sons and i never questioned it, even tho it hurt so bad every time. Also around that time of 14 is when i started rebelling against everything. Now i had went to church alot as a child with my mom and my grandpa but it almost seemed like a chore more than anything else. But as soon as i found out that most of my life had been a lie to that point i just became angry and lashed out with drugs alcohol and violence. I just didn't care. My mother finally left Kelly when i was like 17 and i thought that life was going to be easier. Not until that point did i realize that she was a raging alcoholic and it really took its horrible form at that point. Blind to the fact that i was in the same boat myself i judged her. I got in some trouble with the law and that still did not stop me. I continued down my spiral and still didn't care about anything. I moved out and began a life of pure sin. Drinking, drugs, blasphemy....you name it. I got married and had a son named Gage. Got divorced, which made I went into more self destruction. I went through weeks and weeks of binge drinking, its a surprise i didn't die. I ended up meeting the woman i would end up marrying in the middle of my destruction Shawnee. She did everything she could to get me out of my disease but i wouldn't listen. I was to bitter and again.....i didn't care. Then i almost lost her. I drank alot and lied to her face about it and made her apologize to me. I got caught the next day. I didn't even come clean myself! So ( thank God for this ) she kicked me out of our house. Which i know now was a sin right there of us sharing a house together without being married!! And man i went for it again. She is the best thing that ever happened to me and i screwed it up by drinking?? So what did i do? Drank even more! I moved from couch to couch and finally ended up at a very good friends house. Jonathan you did more for me than you will ever know. I love you brother! So after weeks of fighting and pleading to come back and be with her, all the while not being able to figure out what i did and was continuing to do was my own fault. Its been what i have been doing for years. Then one day she picked up the phone, called me, told me she missed me, and wanted to see me. From that day i have not had a drop of booze. Two years now. We eventually patched things up and i moved back into our little apartment here in Winston. But we both knew something wasn't right. We even ended up getting pregnant, well she got pregnant but it was us :). Then we did it. We got married. Now i know i did everything backwards but i cant go back and change it now even though i wish i could. Well we have a son together and his name is Eli and he is amazing. And we had our marriage dedicated to Christ. We have moved closer to Christ everyday and will continue to do so forever. I just got baptised this last Sunday and i am involved with the CORE evangelism group and i am doing everything i can to be a better man thought Christ. I owe my " transformation " if you will to alot of people. But mostly to Adam Crowl, Mason Goodknight, Moogie :), Ryan Steffenson, Bob Steffenson, my beautiful and amazing wife Shawnee Beebout and most importantly God! So there it is. That's me and a summary of how i got saved and the process of me getting there. If you read this that's cool. If not that's cool as well. I wrote this for myself, it was a weight i had to get off my shoulders. Anyway, all if this all i have in my life would not be possible if it wasn't for the Most High. My Lord, my Hero, my King. My lord God. I love you Lord and thank you for saving a wretch like me! God bless you all.

1 comment: