Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Job 5

I just wanted to write about this because God really moved in my life today. I will start at the end and then go back a little bit. Just a little bit ago i felt the need to read a book in the bible, and God pointed me to Job 5. This is the whole thing just in case you don't have a bible handy.

“Call now; is there anyone who will answer you?
To which of vthe holy ones will you turn?
2 Surely vexation kills the fool,
and jealousy slays the simple.
3 wI have seen the fool taking root,
but suddenly I cursed his dwelling.
4 His children are xfar from safety;
they are crushed in ythe gate,
and there is no one to deliver them.
5 The hungry eat his harvest,
and he takes it even out of thorns,1
and the thirsty pant2 after his3 wealth.
6 For affliction does not come from the dust,
nor does trouble sprout from the ground,
7 but man is zborn to trouble
as the sparks fly upward.
8 “As for me, I would seek God,
and to God would I commit my cause,
9 who adoes great things and bunsearchable,
cmarvelous things without number:
10 he gives drain on the earth
and sends waters on the fields;
11 he esets on high those who are lowly,
and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
12 He ffrustrates the devices of the crafty,
so that their hands achieve no success.
13 He gcatches the wise in their own craftiness,
and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end.
14 They meet with darkness in the daytime
and hgrope at noonday as in the night.
15 But he isaves the needy from the sword of their mouth
and from the hand of the mighty.
16 So the poor have hope,
and jinjustice shuts her mouth.
17 “Behold, kblessed is the one whom God reproves;
therefore ldespise not the discipline of the mAlmighty.
18 For he wounds, but he nbinds up;
he oshatters, but his hands heal.
19 He will pdeliver you from six troubles;
in seven no qevil4 shall touch you.
20 rIn famine he will redeem you from death,
and in war from the power of the sword.
21 You shall be shidden from the lash of the tongue,
and shall not fear destruction when it comes.
22 At destruction and famine you shall laugh,
and shall not fear tthe beasts of the earth.
23 For you shall be in league with the stones of the field,
and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.
24 You shall know that your utent is at peace,
and you shall inspect your fold and miss nothing.
25 You shall know also that your voffspring shall be many,
and your descendants as wthe grass of the earth.
26 You shall come to your grave in xripe old age,
like a sheaf gathered up in its season.
27 Behold, this we have ysearched out; it is true.
Hear, and know it for your good.”

Now this really spoke to me. Its a reality that i am coming to find that when you get closer and deeper into your theology and scripture of the Gospel, the devil comes at you harder and harder every time. Today was a prime example of this. Now this week has been a big one for me, i started going to a new church, and so far it is a great place so I am very stoked about that. Got to spend some good time with my brother Mason and that is always a good time with just friendship and fellowship. And today i got to go have some coffee with the pastor from this new church! Just awesome things happening all by the grace of God.

But after all this I am home alone with my son Eli and there are some guys outside fixing the balconies on the apartment to get them ready for painting. Well as anyone knows, that kind of work is quite noisy and annoying, so to make a long story short, they woke Eli up from a much needed nap. And i got so angry! Enraged, just vile spitting hatred for these guys who are just doing there job, and doing a very thorough and fast job of it. But i didn't care, it was so hard not to run out there and throw mass amounts of gravel at them while telling them how mad they have actually made me. By the grace of God i refrained from doing this, but what i did in my heart was not any better. The bible says if you have hatred towards another person you have murdered them in your heart, so BOOM, broke a commandment, broke it big time.

So later i am sitting here feeding Eli his dinner, praying and repenting of my sin that i committed and just farting around on the computer when I grabbed my bible i just got in the mail today. I felt God wanted me to open it and he pointed me to the book of Job. Chapter 5 to be exact. I read that and it was a good thing I was already sitting down because it knocked me for a loop! Talk about humbling and really putting all this into perspective!! So i of course, with tears in my eyes in awe of the absolute power and grace of God, spent the next ten to fifteen minutes just praising, repenting and glorifying God.

What i am getting at here, is no matter what God loves you. He wants you to become the person he created you to be. Jesus became man and walked this earth, tempted by every sin we have been and more, he bore our punishment, took our judgment of the wrath of God, lived a sinless life and died for all of our sins. And if you repent, believe in this, pick up your cross and follow Him, you will live in eternal life and happiness. Jesus was in a way the second Adam, and when we become believers in His word and love, He sees us like Jesus. If that is not a complete life altering revelation, I don't know what could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment